Release Date: 11 October 2010
Release ID: 4944
Parcelforce Worldwide has launched a new cost-effective international service – Global Bulk Direct – which allows businesses of all sizes to deliver low-cost tracked exports to overseas customers.
Global Bulk Direct allows businesses to package multiple overseas deliveries into a single pallet, rather than sending each one separately, in order to achieve significant cost-savings, without compromising on security or losing tracking capability.
The parcel delivery market already plays a key role in driving export growth – ensuring businesses have the tools and logistics to operate overseas. With organisations such as UK Trade & Investment now suggesting that exports will be vital to the UK’s economic recovery, Parcelforce Worldwide has developed a range of global delivery services to better help its customers take advantage of overseas markets.
Sir Andrew Cahn, chief executive of UK Trade & Investment, which advises UK businesses on export success, said: “Exporting is vital to the growth and success of companies. It means companies become more prosperous, competitive and resilient. British businesses and British brands are in demand all over the world. Trading abroad need not be as daunting as it seems and small companies can be more successful than they imagine.”
The new Global Bulk Direct service combines Parcelforce Worldwide’s global reach with its local expertise in overseas markets through its network of international partners and expands on the company’s existing range of export services to deliver the following benefits:
· Allows exporters to send multiple parcels with different addresses in the same country on a single pallet
· Each pallet is broken down on arrival, with individual parcels then despatched to their respective addresses
· Significant cost savings are achieved by sending items by the pallet load instead of individually – these can be passed on to overseas customers, whether other businesses or consumers
· Delivery takes between two and eight days, providing a cheaper alternative for deliveries where price is more important than speed
· Businesses receive the benefits of priority services such as product tracking and signature on delivery
· Environmental impact of overseas delivery is reduced by shipping multiple parcels in a single pallet
Global Bulk Direct is the newest offering in a suite of Parcelforce Worldwide international services, which also includes:
· Global Express – a fully trackable delivery service from next day to Europe and North America and delivery from two days to the rest of the world
· Global and Euro Priority – delivery from two days to Europe and three days to destinations outside Europe
· Global Value – a low-cost parcel delivery service to major destinations outside Europe taking 5 – 10 days with full tracking capabilities
Simon Batt, International Director at Parcelforce Worldwide, said: “We’re continuing to listen to our customers and support their needs as they look to drive their business through increased exports. The launch of our Global Bulk Direct product is the latest enhancement to our suite of international offerings, and will now enable us to meet a wider range of international customer delivery needs, further boosting our position as a trusted high-value carrier to UK businesses.”
He added: “Parcelforce Worldwide’s truly global service is made possible by tapping into its network of international partners that provide on the ground delivery in local markets. This means customers can expect consistently high levels of customer service and reliability whilst benefiting from a far-reaching, locally based delivery network.”
Parcelforce Worldwide’s membership of the Kahala Postal Group (KPG), a coalition of leading postal providers, has helped to strengthen export services to major destinations across Asia-Pacific, Europe and USA.
To find out more about Global Bulk Direct visit www.parcelforce.com or call the customer service team on 0844 800 4466.
59 Piccadilly Manchester M1 2AQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 408 0542
Fax: +44 (0)870 432 1732
© The Adora Group Limited 2018 - Publishers of Freightnet