Release Date: 02 March 2009
Release ID: 1561
Global Supply Chain optimisation provider Manhattan Associates has announced the updated release of Extended Enterprise Management (EEM), featuring instant visibility for Third-Party Logistics providers (3PLs) to manage orders, shipments and inventory.
The enhanced level of Supply Chain visibility now provided by EEM enables 3PLs to maximise inventory consolidation/de-consolidation opportunities at distribution centres (DCs) and to employ strategies such as ‘DC bypass’ where goods can be routed directly to downstream DCs, stores or customers.
According to Mr Eddie Capel, Executive Vice President for product management and customer support at Manhattan Associates, EEM specifically supports our 3PL customers by providing cross-docking and flow-through support that allows 3PLs to play a key role in the ‘pop-up’ Supply Chain - a philosophy that allows retailers and manufacturers to dynamically adjust their transportation and inventory networks to meet changing seasons or trends,”
“This capability is seamless due to the visibility EEM provides, along with the capability to make quick decisions should an unexpected event occur anytime during the movement of goods.” Mr Capel said.
Manhattan Associates' Extended Enterprise Management is designed to connect with trading partners and customers to provide the overarching visibility and event management capabilities required to successfully manage inventory through global Supply Chains.
Features and enhancements of Manhattan EEM include:
• A centralised, browser-based solution allowing 3PLs to manage order fulfilment and automate communications with customers;
• End-to-end visibility of orders, shipments and inventory from sourcing to cargo delivery;
• A single, consistent, real-time view of an entire global Supply Chain for greater inventory control and optimal fulfilment channels;
• Ability to track and monitor Supply Chain events in real time and respond immediately based on alerts to critical exception events, which may threaten a company’s ability to meet customer commitments;
• Ability to reduce transportation costs by leveraging optimal equipment utilisation.
© The Adora Group Limited 2018 - Publishers of Freightnet