Release Date: 01 September 2006
Release ID: 810
Today, 1 September 2006, Maersk Line will take delivery of M/S EMMA MÆRSK built by Odense Steel Shipyard. The EMMA MÆRSK is the first in a new series of PS-class vessels and is one of the most environmentally friendly container vessels ever built. As part of Maersk Line's fleet of modern container vessels, she will set new standards for global shipping, creating further opportunities for our customers.
Measuring 397 metres long and 56 metres wide, the EMMA MÆRSK is the world's largest container vessel. The vessel is able to carry 11,000 twenty-foot containers (TEU). Other features include:
• High-scale automation and complete monitoring by advanced computer systems. Therefore, the vessel can be operated by a crew of just 13
• Waste heat recovery system, reducing fuel consumption and emissions
• Protected fuel tanks located in the centre of the double hull
• Reduced solvent content paint and environmentally friendly silicone antifouling paint below the waterline reducing water resistance, and cutting the vessel's fuel consumption by 1,200 tonnes per year
• 1,000 forty-foot equivalent (FFE) refrigerated container capacity
• Patented lashing system ensuring quick and safe lashing of deck containers
The EMMA MÆRSK will enter our worldwide service network on the AE1 (Europe - Far East) service. The vessel's first port of call will be Aarhus, Denmark, on 7 September 2006.
© The Adora Group Limited 2017 - Publishers of Freightnet