Release Date: 10 May 2011
Release ID: 5245
With massive cutbacks in public spending, 2011 is already proving to be a financially challenging year for local authorities. With increased pressure to cut costs and work within budgets, they have a still more demanding time ahead in managing their diverse transport operations, whilst at the same time ensuring they comply with the complex transport legislation requirements.
The Freight Transport Associationís Local Authority Conference, to be held on Wednesday 18 May, will give delegates the opportunity to join like-minded colleagues from councils around the UK to hear from the Wales and West Midlands Traffic Commissioner, Nick Jones, along with other leading industry experts, on subjects of particular relevance to their transport operations.
Phil Clifford of St Edmundsbury Borough Council will be chairing the conference, which includes speakers from VOSA, Wakefield District Council, BAE Systems and RDS Group.
Key topics to be covered include:
* The Hackney Carriage Scheme and the benefits of the best practice guide
* A VOSA update on Authorised Testing Facilities and enforcement activities
* The Van Excellence scheme
* Carbon reporting challenges for local authorities
* Fleet management best practice and identifying cost savings through benchmarking results
* Digital tachograph developments
* Hybrid technology
* The challenges and advantages of shared fleet provision, including maintenance
* Engineering update, including vehicle markings and lighting
Attendance is open to members of FTA at £230 plus VAT for the first delegate and £205 plus VAT for subsequent delegates, and to non-members at £375 plus VAT for the first delegate and £335 plus VAT for subsequent delegates. For further information or to book a place, call the FTA Member Service Centre on 08717 11 22 22 or go to www.fta.co.uk/events
59 Piccadilly Manchester M1 2AQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 408 0542
Fax: +44 (0)870 432 1732
© The Adora Group Limited 2017 - Publishers of Freightnet