Release Date: 31 January 2011
Release ID: 5122
Amsterdam, 31 January 2011 – The members of Abvakabo FNV, CNV Publieke Zaak and BVPP have ratified the recently signed in-principle agreement between TNT Post and their trade unions’ leaders. This ratification enables TNT Post to continue with its planned restructuring programme, which it will carry out in consultation with the employees’ representatives.
Declining mail volumes force TNT Post to make comprehensive changes to its organisation in the coming years. Allowing for natural attrition and voluntary departures, 4,500 compulsory redundancies are expected to be necessary among operational staff. Ratification of the agreement by the union members means that this number will now be substantially reduced. The agreement encompasses the following arrangements in this regard:
- A confirmed total of 1,700 jobs will be retained, including at TNT Post’s new “Auto Unit” and Parcel Service;
- TNT Post will examine the possibilities to retain another 200 jobs at the Auto Unit as part of future organisational changes;
- Temporary work will be offered to 300 employees until the end of 2013;
- Greater use will be made of TNT Mobility, with the aim of avoiding unemployment for an additional 500 workers;
- The signs of disquiet among staff that came to light as part of the ArboNed investigation will be addressed, with a plan of action being established;
- TNT Post and the unions will also study ways in which employees in jobs that will be shed can be assisted in finding work elsewhere through a secondment company to be set up by an external party.
TNT Post will continue to do its utmost to limit the number of compulsory redundancies by encouraging voluntary job mobility wherever possible.
TNT expects to be able to clarify the impact on master plans at the time of the publication of TNT NV’s annual results on 21 February 2011.
59 Piccadilly Manchester M1 2AQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 408 0542
Fax: +44 (0)870 432 1732
© The Adora Group Limited 2017 - Publishers of Freightnet