Release Date: 05 November 2009
Release ID: 4369
The Freight Transport Association’s (FTA) Guide to Managing Agency Drivers will give advice to companies employing temporary drivers on how to stay on the right side of the law. The Guide details practical procedures so companies can avoid the potential pitfalls of using agency drivers.
Most commercial vehicle operators need temporary drivers to cope with sudden or seasonal increases in productivity or staff shortages. As such, agency drivers play a vital role in keeping the wheels of business turning, literally. However, there are risks associated with using drivers who are unfamiliar with an operation and who are an unknown quantity for the company employing them. Thankfully these risks can be mitigated with some careful, common sense planning.
The Guide includes advice about:
* Risks to the organisation - the potential pitfalls of using agency drivers
* Procurement and decision processes – giving the agency sufficient information
* Legal obligations for managing driver fatigue
* Factors to consider when choosing an agency
* Managing the risks – pre-assignment checks and induction training
* Completing the assignment properly to avoid subsequent problems
* Agencies and the law – the legal obligations that employment agencies must work to
Included with each copy is a free CD ROM containing all the document templates mentioned in the Guide (in a Microsoft Word format).
The Guide to Managing Agency Drivers is available from Shopfta, order code 4086, at www.shop.fta.co.uk or call 08717 11 11 11, at a cost of £4.50 each for FTA members and £5.00 for non-members.
59 Piccadilly Manchester M1 2AQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 408 0542
Fax: +44 (0)870 432 1732
© The Adora Group Limited 2016 - Publishers of Freightnet