Release Date: 22 June 2009
Release ID: 4173
The Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Location and Timing Knowledge Transfer Network (LTKTN) will be holding a free workshop on Improving Satellite Navigation for Commercial Vehicles in July.
Satellite navigation technology is now widely available, but many commercial vehicle operators do not currently feel that it caters for their needs. The workshop will comprise of short presentations from industry experts and open discussions between delegates, enabling them to arrive at workable conclusions and, hopefully, a plan of action.
There will be a broad range of presenters and delegates, from FTA, the Department for Transport, local authorities, vehicle operators, and the technology and global positioning industry itself.
The workshop will cover:
* The current market situation of satnav for commercial vehicles
* The barriers to take-up of the technology, updating mapping data, gathering HGV data and presenting data in a format that is easily useable by the industry
* What products would be attractive to commercial vehicle users
* How to get local authorities engaged and to produce meaningful lorry routes
* How to gain credibility and reliability of data and technology with users
* How to arrive at commonality of standards and reporting formats
* Ways to collaborate and progress
The workshop will promote a broader understanding of the issues and explore how significant improvements in the provision of satellite navigation for commercial vehicle operators can be made.
For further information or to book a place please complete the online registration form at www.locationktn.com
59 Piccadilly Manchester M1 2AQ
Telephone: +44 (0)161 408 0542
Fax: +44 (0)870 432 1732
© The Adora Group Limited 2017 - Publishers of Freightnet