Release Date: 18 June 2007
Release ID: 385
FedEx Freight Canada, the newly-formed subsidiary of FedEx Freight that provides seamless intra-Canada and transborder less-than-truckload (LTL) service, today officially unveiled its new combined national headquarters and 48 dock-door service center, located on Wilson Avenue in Toronto.
Formerly Watkins Canada Express, FedEx Freight Canada officially began operations in February. The company provides all-points coverage to more than 7,000 cities in 10 of the country’s provinces, as well as transborder service for shipments to and from the U.S. and other locations.
“This new facility establishes a strong base from which FedEx Freight Canada will quickly expand its operations across the country,” said Grant Crawford, vice president and general manager, FedEx Freight Canada. “From British Columbia to Nova Scotia, we offer LTL customers the service excellence and reliability they’ve come to expect from the FedEx brand.”
In addition to Toronto, FedEx Freight Canada offers reliable pickup and delivery service through a growing network of facilities that includes Vancouver, Winnipeg, London, Calgary and Montreal.
With an aggressive growth plan underway, FedEx Freight Canada also plans to add service centers in Ottawa, Cambridge, Edmonton, Halifax, and Quebec City, and open expanded facilities in Winnipeg and Calgary during the next several months.
“When you combine FedEx Freight Canada with FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL, we provide a full range of complementary LTL solutions throughout North America,” said Doug Duncan, president and CEO of FedEx Freight. “We’re committed to continuing the enhancement of our operations in Canada to better serve our customers.”
FedEx Freight Canada offers the following advantages to customers:
* Transborder crossing using Canada's Pre-Arrival Review System (PARS) and Pre-Arrival Processing System (PAPS), which enable Canada and U.S. Customs to review shipments en route to the border gateway—reducing delays and providing quicker delivery.
* Enhanced shipment visibility from pickup to delivery, using a single identification number.
* Conveniently determined pricing between most U.S. ZIP codes and Canadian postal codes.
* An online rate calculator to quickly and easily determine specific rates.
* A dedicated bilingual Canada Solutions Team to assist customers with their transborder shipping requirements.
© The Adora Group Limited 2016 - Publishers of Freightnet